Sunday, June 8, 2008

[Favorite Music] Flute by Pravin Godkhindi

For all those fans of melody out there, the Raagini series (Flute instrumental rendering by Pravin Godkhindi) is a must listen. For a start, the volume 1 is available on http://kannadaaudio.com at the following location - Raagini Volume 1

After having listened to the first volume, I went and bought all the three volumes of Raagini from Landmark in Forum. Each and every song is really good. I personally am an illiterate when it comes to classical music. So I enjoy these raagas in their very raw form and that is melodious sound, without actually being able to grasp the nuances of each one. The only factor that takes me near to these raagas are the wonderful old kannada film songs, in their flute form.

My personal favorite list goes as follows.
1) Mishra Pahaadi - the song is 'terayeri ambaradaaga nesara nagutaane...'
2) Desh - ಯಾವ ಮೋಹನ ಮುರಳಿ ಕರೆಯಿತು ....
3) Pahadi - ದೋಣಿ ಸಾಗಲಿ ಮುಂದೆ ಹೋಗಲಿ ...
4) Jayant Malhar - ಪೂಜಿಸಲೆಂದೆ ಹೂಗಳ ತಂದೆ ....
5) Manj Khamaj - ಮೂಡಲ ಮನೆಯ ....

Ever since, I have laid my hand on these, they form my background while I work, drive etc.

No comments: